Active Kids Gymnastics Instructor
Volunteer or Employment?
Position within the School of Kinesiology
UBC Active Kids
Employer email address
Number of positions available
OrganizationUBC Active Kids
Job/volunteer posting URL
UBC Active Kids Gymnastics Program, an Outreach Program of the School of Kinesiology, is led by instructors that plan and deliver developmentally appropriate gymnastics classes to participants aged 12 months- adults. Gymnastics instructors may be required to work independently with support and under the direction of program Supervisors and Managers on new projects and matters that depart from established policies and procedures. Gymnastics Instructors report to and receive direction from the Active Kids Program Manager and work collaboratively with the Active Kids Program and Osborne Centre staff to build relationships and implement the UBC Gymnastics Program.
The main job responsibilities for this position are to:
• Assist the Kinesiology Outreach Program in implementing the Active Kids Program, a program that engages children in the local community in developmentally-appropriate physical activity.
• Provide developmentally-appropriate gymnastics and movement instruction to children, youth, and adults of all abilities a safe, fun and physically active environment.
• Plan and lead lessons tailored to the developmental characteristics of the group, adjusting activities as necessary to provide optimal challenge for each participant at both recreational and advanced levels.
• Maintain a safe instructional environment, which includes setting-up and inspecting equipment, bringing forth health and safety concerns to the Program Manager and Program Assistant.
• Provide ongoing feedback to parents and participants, including the preparation of progress reports.
• Demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times, especially when interacting with parents and participants.
Must be able to commit to a regular shift.
How to apply
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume the Active Kids Program Manager for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting expiration date09/30/2017