As a School of Kinesiology Alumnus/a you are very familiar with the high quality education KIN students receive and know as well, how skilled, experienced, and hardworking they are. In order to meet students’ desire for more hands-on, practical experience to complement their academic program, in the fall of 2009, the School launched a co-operative education program (co-op).
School of Kinesiology Co-op students make immediate and noticeable contributions to companies and agencies throughout British Columbia, Canada and the world. As any of our current employers will tell you, it only takes a day’s work to convince you that a co-op students’ contributions are immediate and tangible to your business goals. It’s not just employers who benefit from the co-op program; co-op placements help our students walk away with experiences and skills that enrich their university education and better prepare them for the workforce.
At a glance, your added benefits of hiring our students include:
- A cost-effective investment that provides both a short-term infusion of talent and the long-term opportunity to hire potential full-time employees.
- Access to pre-screened, high-achieving students who are available for four or eight-month work terms beginning in January, May or September.
- Personalized human resources support from professional co-op staff who know their students.
- Contact with leading-edge faculty and researchers in the UBC School of Kinesiology.
- Mentorship opportunities to the next generation of leaders in kinesiology.
“Having this type of hands-on practical learning experience is invaluable to any student looking to develop real professional skills, on the job. It was the missing piece in an already great post-secondary education.”
– Chris Rich, HKIN Alumni, on his work experience at the VGH Centre for Cardiovascular Health
Are you a business owner or part of an organization that could benefit from participating in the Co-op Program? Our Kinesiology Co-op Coordinator, Simone Longpré invites you to participate. For more information please contct email@example.com or visit our Co-op section.