Upcoming Kinesiology Co-op Program Information Session. Click here for more information.
The Kinesiology Co-op Program formally integrates a student’s academic studies with valuable, relevant, paid kinesiology related work, with approved work sector organizations.
Each successfully completed co-operative education course will be assigned 6 credits and will be recorded on the student’s transcript. In order to graduate in a co-operative education program, a student must have completed three work terms in addition to the normal academic requirements of the School. Co-operative education course credits cannot be used in lieu of or to complement academic course credits required by the School (normally 120 credits).
As a co-op student you will be well prepared professionally for your future career.
For more information on the Program please contact us at 604-822-4794, by email at email@example.com, or drop by our offices to speak directly with the Co-op Coordinator.
Why join co-op?
By joining co-op, you will be well prepared academically and professionally, for your future career. A high percentage of co-op graduates gain full-time work with a previous co-op employer.
As a co-op student you will:
- Gain practical, paid, hands-on work experience,
- Develop networks and mentoring opportunities with sport, health and related professionals in the field,
- Work in B.C., across Canada or around the world,
- Master your résumé, cover letter, job search, and interview skills,
- Earn while you learn, and
- Enhance your résumé and employability for after graduation.
“My work placement exceeded all my expectations. Not only have I gained invaluable skills and contacts, but I have a foot in an industry that is applicable to my degree in Human Kinetics. I really think this program provides a wonderful chance to gain ‘real-world’ experience prior to graduation.”
– Kristin Ohm-Pedersen, HKIN Alumni, on her work experience at Kintec Footlabs
Hear from Simone Longpré, your Co-op Coordinator