Student Stories

See what your fellow classmates are up to and what they’re doing with their Kinesiology degrees.

Do you have a unique or KINspiring story to tell? We’re always looking to hear from Kinesiology students whether they’re current students or alumni. Share your story!

Harry Sidhu, BKIN

Graduating Year: 2020 Hometown: Vancouver, BC Stream: Interdisciplinary Studies Employer: CHANGE BC Position Title: Student Kinesiologist

Coop Alumni

Kassi Welch, BKIN

Graduating Year: 2019 Hometown: Richmond, BC Stream: Interdisciplinary Studies Employer: CHANGE BC Position Title: Student Kinesiologist

Coop Alumni

Fiona Brown, BKin

Graduating year: 2020 Hometown: Surrey, BC Stream: Health Science Employer: New Port Village Chiropractic Position title: Technical Chiropractic Assistant

Coop Alumni

Chariisa YU, BKin

Graduating year: 2019 Hometown: Richmond, BC Stream: Bkin Interdisciplinary Stream Employed by: Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) Position: Project Worker

Coop Alumni

KIN 464 students present their posters in the AMS Nest & City Hall

This year, students in KIN 464: Health Promotion and Physical Activity completed semester-long group research projects with a number of community partners (including the City of Vancouver Active Transportation Unit and UBC Athletics and Recreation). Their projects explored a variety of topics related to the promotion of active transportation (cycling) and campus recreation. Their engaging […]

News, Student Stories

Brandon Rasman

Name: Brandon Rasman Supervisor/Lab: Dr. Jean-S├ębastien Blouin, Sensorimotor Physiology Lab Graduation Date: November 29, 2016 I’m currently conducting research at Erasmus Medical Centre (Erasmus MC), in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, as part of an international collaboration which includes Dutch and Canadian scientists. I’m working with Dr. Patrick Forbes (Erasmus MC, a former postdoctoral fellow at the […]

Grad School Alumni

Josh Bovard

Name: Josh Bovard Area of study: Exercise physiology Supervisor/lab: previously Dr. Bill Sheel, currently Dr. Rob Boushel (PhD) Graduation date: August 2017 (MSc) Tell us about your background. Where did you do you undergrad? Where are you from? I am born and raised in Vancouver. I completed my BSc in Physiology at McGill University in […]

Current Graduate Students

Eric Dorflinger, Peer Advisor

Expected graduating year: 2019
Degree: BKIN
Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii

Student Stories

Tristan Mascarenhas, Peer Advisor

Degree: BKIN Interdisciplinary Stream
Hometown: Vancouver, British Columbia

Student Stories

Mehrdad Amini, BKin

Degree: Kinesiology (interdisciplinary stream)
Hometown: North Vancouver, British Columbia

Student Stories