This stream of study prepares students for advanced studies in human movement science and health and fitness, and for future certification and work as a Kinesiologist. The Kinesiology and Health Science stream is an accredited program certified by the Canadian Council of University Physical Education and Kinesiology Administrator (CCUPEKA).
Please follow this link for registration information.
Program Planning Notes
- In order to obtain third year standing in Kinesiology and Health Science, students must complete 12 credits of first year Science in their first two years in at least three of the following four areas: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Students planning to apply to professional health science programs such as Physiotherapy and Medicine are strongly encouraged to determine the necessary undergraduate requirements that are available in other faculties such as Science and Arts.
- Students in the Kinesiology and Health Science stream must, as a minimum, complete an additional 18 credits of Science, of which at least 12 credits must be at the 300/400 level and must be recognized in the Faculty of Science as credits that could be used towards a Bachelor of Science Degree.
- All students must complete 30 credits of KIN courses at the 300/400 level.
- All students must complete 48 credits at the 300/400 level.
- Students are able to complete arts, commerce, nutritional sciences or science minors.
Note: This template is for reference only. To fill in this form, you will need to use Adobe Reader. Some browsers will open the PDF, but do not allow form filling. In this case, save the file and then open it using Adobe Reader.
Suggested Course Sequence
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Year 3||Year 4|
Select 4 courses from the above list plus:
Note: For a list of KIN undergraduate courses and their descriptions visit the Course Outlines page.