The Leadership Education for Physical Activity, Sport, and Health stream (LEED, formerly PEDH) prepares students for leadership and instructional careers in a variety of physical activity and sport settings in both public and private agencies. Students in the LEED program who wish to enter the faculty of education to pursue school-based physical education teaching careers, following completion of the BKIN, will have fulfilled Faculty of Education admission requirements through the course requirements of the LEED stream. The Leadership Education for Physical Activity, Sport, and Health stream is an accredited program certified by the Canadian Colleges and Universities Physical Education and Kinesiologists Association (CCUPEKA).
Please follow this link for registration information.
Program Planning Notes
- Students planning to enter the Teacher Education Program in the Faculty of Education need to review the detailed admission requirements.
- Students planning to apply for the secondary option must prepare a second teaching field.
- Students in the Leadership Education for Physical Activity, Sport, and Health (LEED) stream must complete a minimum of 18 credits of non-KIN electives, of which at least 12 credits must be at the 300/400 level.
- All students must complete 30 credits of KIN at the 300/400 level.
- All students must complete 48 credits at the 300/400-level.
- Students are able to complete arts, commerce, nutritional sciences or science minors.
Note: This template is for reference only. To fill in this form, you will need to use Adobe Reader. Some browsers will open the PDF, but do not allow form filling. In this case, save the file and then open it using Adobe Reader.
Suggested Course Sequence
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Year 3||Year 4|
*The KIN 115 and 215 courses can be taken in any sequence i.e. students do not need to take 115’s before they take 215’s and may take 215’s in year one or 115’s in year two.
Note: For a list of KIN undergraduate courses and their descriptions visit the Course Outlines page.