Graduate Student Assistant (GAA) in Professional Development and Community Engagement (PDCE)
Volunteer or Employment?
Professional Development and Community Engagement
Employer email address
Number of positions available
OrganizationProfessional Development and Community Engagement
Job/volunteer posting URL
PDCE is interested in hiring one Graduate Student who can provide research service in support of recruitment initiatives for online Master of Education cohort programs to be delivered nationally and internationally. This position will include online research to develop and expand a database of key contacts in subject-related educational associations both nationally and internationally, and will involve working independently and as a member of the team. Applicants should have a keen eye for detail, be experienced with databases, be familiar with social media spaces, and have a strong interest in developing their understanding and knowledge of global education associations.
To be eligible for a student appointment, a student must be currently enrolled in a Canadian institution and maintain a minimum for 18 credits in the Winter session (Sept – April).
Applicants are expected to have strong interpersonal, technology, and communication skills. Preference will be given to Education graduate student applicants with experience in:
• Contact Databases – Access & Excel
• Online learning
• Multi-tasking and collaborative environments
• Conduct online research beginning with a list of recommendations and then engaging independent research to locate and recommend key contacts in reputable and relevant educational associations for recruitment efforts for online MEd cohort programs.
• Add new contacts to existing contact database with confirmed contact information, usable for email marketing.
• Provide updates on progress, and receive feedback.
The successful applicant will report to Mark Edwards, Assistant Dean, PDCE.
Duration: 5 weeks (October 23, 2017 – November 24, 2017)
Time: 5 hours per week per GAA
How to apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, October 13h at 12:00pm (noon)
A cover letter, current resume and (3) references should be emailed to Mark Edwards, Assistant Dean, c/o Clare Ford – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting expiration date12/13/2017