Kinesiologist Internship/Junior Kin
Volunteer or Employment?
Employer email address
Number of positions available
Organizationit's time! Fitness Results
Job/volunteer posting URL
Kinesiology Internship / Junior Kin Position
Here’s a great opportunity to learn from BCAK Practicing Kinesiologists at a small gym facility in North Van! it’s time! Fitness Results is known for research based core training and active rehab, and works closely with a vast network of GPs and professional practitioners in the city.
The intern will be exposed to the following (but not limited to) subjects including:
– The practical applications of kinesiology and how they pertain to an array of clientele (motor vehicle accident victims, injury rehab, athletes, and the aging population)
– A progressive approach to rehab and strength & conditioning
– Real life hands-on experience with client programming and reporting
– Assessment tools, communication tools, and contact with other health care professionals
– How to bridge the gap between rehabilitation and functionality
– An awesome young, collaborative, team environment (that also saves ducks! See here http://itstimefitnessresults.com/2018/05/23/what-the-duck/
We are looking for a Kinesiology graduate (or close to graduation) to join our team. Initially we will be asking this person to volunteer their time in a internship program to learn our procedures, with the hope of then moving into a full time position.
(The last Kinesiologist we hired was a 2016 UBC kin grad and is now working full time)
Please get in touch if you would like more info!
We aim to make our kinesiology department
ICBC Assessments, report writing, active rehabilitation
Working with ICBC Adjusters, personal injury lawyers and healthcare practitioners
Working one on one with clients to achieve their health and fitness goals
Working in a fun team environment
Learn Kettlebell training techniques from certified instructors
it’s time! Fitness Results is a progressive gym located in North Vancouver. We pride ourselves on being a research based training facility, with a strong emphasis on continued education.
Currently we have 3 full time kinesiologists and 4 personal trainers.
The internship program is on a volunteer basis.
Junior Kin full time position (PAID) ; Wednesday-Monday
(To be confirmed)
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6049888463 for more details
Posting expiration date28/02/2019