Learn about what’s happening in the School of Kinesiology: the latest news and announcements related to our research, faculty, students and alumni, recent highlights in the media, and upcoming events.
News and announcements from the School of Kinesiology.
UBC Co-op Council meets with Professor Ono March 27, 2017
On Friday, March 24th, Simone Longpré, Co-op Coordinator for the School of Kinesiology, and the UBC Co-op Council met with UBC President, Professor Ono.
Raed Alamro’s MSc Thesis Defence March 23, 2017
Abstract: Background: The ability to maintain postural stability during sitting or standing depends critically on motor function in the trunk muscles. Trunk muscle function is typically assumed to be poor or absent in people with a complete spinal cord injury (SCI) at or above the thoracic level. However, recent studies have revealed sparing of trunk […]
J. Megan Brousseau’s MSc Defence March 20, 2017
Abstract: A spinal cord injury (SCI), results in a myriad of serious secondary health complications including cardiovascular disease, pressure ulcers and obesity due to immobility, and suicide due to the prevalence of depressive disorders. These health conditions and chronic illnesses could be reduced by improving fitness and mobility by participation in physical activity and exercise. […]
Upcoming events within the School of Kinesiology.
- Freda Warner’s PhD Thesis Proposal on March 29, 2017 9:00 AM
- J. Megan Brousseau’s MSc Defence on March 31, 2017 12:00 PM
- Raed Alamro’s MSc Thesis Defence on April 3, 2017 1:00 PM
- Kinesiology Distinguished Speaker Series: “Exploring Hypoxia as an Ergogenic Aid for Endurance Athletes” on April 5, 2017 12:30 PM
- Jessie McDougall’s MA Thesis Proposal on April 10, 2017 1:00 PM