Outreach and Marketing Coordinator
Volunteer or Employment?
Employer email address
Number of positions available
Job/volunteer posting URL
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
Keen to bring others into the cycling community?
Do you have the enthusiasm to get people excited about biking?
Enjoy meeting new people and telling them about awesome events?
What It’s All About:
HUB Cycling is a charitable non-profit with the aim to make biking better across Metro Vancouver. Bike the Night presented by MEC is one way that we hope to show people how fun and accessible biking can be. On Saturday, September 16th, Bike the Night event is expected to draw over 3,000 participants on bikes for a colourful evening ride through the streets of Vancouver. The 10 kilometer ride is planned to follow scenic Vancouver streets, through downtown and over the iconic Burrard Street Bridge. By volunteering at this event, not only will you help put on BC’s only open streets night ride, you’ll be contributing to Vancouver’s cycling community. It’s an awesome experience for riders and volunteers alike.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a part of the outreach team, you will be working with the HUB team in the weeks leading up to the event to help spread the word and get people excited. If you’re an energetic person passionate about the benefits cycling we’d love for you to be part of our community!
Your Duties May Include:
– Calling local businesses and asking them to share our event through their networks
– Chatting with youth groups clubs to encourage them to attend the event
– Putting up posters in your community
– Sharing your love for biking in Vancouver!
Is it right for you?
– Do you love talking with people about exciting events?
– Are you able to engage with people over the phone, in person, and by email?
– Can you communicate clearly and effectively get your message across?
– Do you have experience in recruitment and/or community outreach?
– Are you looking for experience in event planning and/or the non-profit world?
How to apply
Interested or want information on other volunteer opportunities? Contact email@example.com or 587-999-9479 with your interest and any questions you may have.
Without people like you, events like Bike the Night would not be possible. Thanks for your interest in working with us!
Posting expiration date09/17/2017