Volunteer or Employment?
Green Devils FC
Employer email address
Number of positions available
1 or 2
OrganizationGreen Devils FC
Job/volunteer posting URL
Green Devils FC is a local soccer club based out of Vancouver. We consist of 2 mens soccer teams that play in the Vancouver Metro Soccer League. The club is presently searching for a team manager/trainer/statistician that will help the team improve and enjoy the games and training sessions.
This position will be suitable for a Kinesiology student that is looking for some experience in either managing or training a team that is competitive. Games usually take place on weekends in East Vancouver (ie Sunday noon). Practices are Thursday nights (downtown).
Duties and time committment would include (and are negotiable)
• attending games and/or practices (that fit your school schedule) that run from September-Dec and then Jan-Mar (1 or 2 terms).
• Coordinating with team captains game duties (ie warmup, etc)
• Taping ankles, etc – if qualified
• Providing feedback by either video analysis or observation
• Providing statistics on game play
• Advice to captains and players on strategy
• Coordinate with captains/coaches on practice sessions
• Various duties as assigned by Club President (customized to student’s area of expertise)
• Kinesiology student with keen interest in gaining experience
• Soccer knowledge (preferably current player)
• Familiar with conditioning for soccer athletes
• Able to communicate ideas and take direction
• Taping and Injury courses taken preferred
• Team Player!
Remuneration: Honorarium based on level of commitment and time availability and Reference Letter provided by Club President
Please provide resume and cover letter outlining the type of involvement you are most interested in- or any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1-3 hours /week negotiable
How to apply
send resume to email@example.com asap. posting closes Sept 30 but prefer application asap (ie late August/early Sept)
Posting expiration date09/30/2017