Dr. Saul Isserow
We at SportsCardiologyBC are striving to elucidate the cardiovascular effects of regular exercise and define its benefits and risks so that safe guidance can be provided to all individuals engaging in sports and physical activity.
SportsCardiologyBC is currently in the process of recruiting endurance athletes for a new study at the UBC Hospital Center for Cardiovascular Excellence. This study is investigating the incidence of ventricular arrhythmias in endurance athletes in the hopes of determining the safest time of day to exercise. We are currently recruiting athletes that meet the following criteria:
– >18 years of age
– Current endurance athlete (running/jogging, cycling, rowing, swimming, cross-country skiing)
– Endurance athlete ≥6 months prior to participation
– Complete ≥4 hours of moderate-to-intense aerobic activity/week
– Able to exercise at a vigorous intensity (>6 metabolic equivalents)
– Able to exercise at >60% maximum predicted heart rate
Those that have questions or are interested in participating please contact Kenzie MacDonald at 604-822-9494 or firstname.lastname@example.org.