UBC Athletics Varsity Strength & Conditioning Student Coach
Volunteer or Employment?
Employer email address
Number of positions available
OrganizationUBC Athletics and Recreation
Job/volunteer posting URL
The UBC student coach volunteer & graduate assistant program is for current UBC Kinesiology Undergraduate, Graduate, or Post-Doctoral students to gain practical experience. Experiences will be focused on Strength and Conditioning, but may include exercise physiology, performance analysis, biomechanics, injury rehabilitation, proactive health care, and nutrition. We strive to create positive experiential learning, knowledge translation, and opportunities to develop the “soft skills” required for accelerated success in their future careers. All levels of students are welcome to apply.
Expected learning opportunities, roles and responsibilities will vary depend on competencies and will always be under the supervision, direction and discretion of our Head and Assistant Strength Coaches.
• Learn and gain experience in a high paced and practical setting
• Gain knowledge and experience with performance testing data collection and analysis
• Experience in the daily training environment working alongside professional staff
• Hands on coaching experience
• Testing and monitoring for all Varsity athletes
• Learn program design, implementation, and adaptation skills
• Continuing education and professional development seminars led by our staff and external experts
• Additional duties as required
This program is for undergraduate kinesiology students currently enrolled at UBC. It is a 12 week program, each student is expected to contribute a minimum of 72 volunteer hours (6 hours/week) over the 12 week period(s).
• Sept 6th – Dec 15th 2017
• January 2nd – April 15th 2018
How to apply
Please contact Head Coach, Strength & Conditioning Joe McCullum at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting expiration date11/15/2017