YWCA Youth Program Leader
Volunteer or Employment?
Employer email address
Number of positions available
Job/volunteer posting URL
YWCA Metro Vancouver Youth Education Programs need young men and women to be mentors, leaders and facilitators for Grade 7 students during a critical transition in their lives.
Program Description: Volunteers in our ten-week programs help Grade 7 girls and boys with their transition to high school by building their confidence, encouraging them to make good decisions and promoting healthy relationship skills. Each program is led by a team of two college/university students, one to two high school students and a mature mentor.
Benefits of Volunteering
• Discuss key topics with youth, such as healthy decision-making, media literacy, quality friendships and community service
• Develop interpersonal skills, including leadership, facilitation and conflict resolution
• Meet and connect with like-minded volunteers
• Grow your personal and professional networks
• Practice public speaking
• Reference letter
Desired Skills and Experience
• Motivated to make a difference
• Teamwork and a sensitive approach to youth
• Confidence with interacting with youth
• Willingness to deliver the program to the best of your ability
• Experience with youth is an asset
• Criminal record check
Time Commitment: One 3-hour session per week from approximately 3:00-6:00pm, for ten weeks from mid-February to mid-May, plus prep time (1-2 hours per week). Programs run mid-February to mid-May.
How to apply
Posting expiration date02/01/2018