Course Registration Info

2022W Registration Updates:

For students entering Years 2, 3, and 4 of KIN, you can refer to the 2022W Registration – Important Tips!.
If you are a new student entering Year 1 of KIN or are a new transfer student to KIN, please refer to the New to KIN page for details on how to approach your 2022W registration.

Registration Dates

The date of your registration, as indicated by the Registrar’s Office, is determined by the grades from previous session and your year standing in the School of Kinesiology. The year standing of a Kinesiology student is determined by the number of Kinesiology credits and non-Kinesiology credits completed in the chosen program stream. Students who have questions regarding their assigned year standing should consult the Undergraduate Advising Office.

The current dates are available on the Registration Dates page. Note that Enrolment Services will notify you of your individual date and time of registration about 1 week prior, and this will also be shown on your SSC.

Registering for Courses

Students should register for their courses by utilizing the ON-LINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM. Students who are unable to access on-line registration system via the internet should seek assistance from the Undergraduate Advising Office. It is very important to change your PIN number when registering for your courses to maintain confidentiality regarding your grades, courses and fees.

In order to log in to the on-line registration system, students will require a Campus-Wide Login (CWL) account. If you do not have a CWL account yet, please visit the Student Service Centre (SSC), click ‘Login’ and enter in your Student Number and SSC password. This will allow you to create a CWL account if you do not have one already.

Waiting List Registration

If, when registering on Online Registration you find that you cannot register into the course you want because it is full, Online Registration should prompt you to register into the wait list section if one is available. Being registered in a wait list section does not guarantee you a seat in the actual class. KIN wait list sections are reviewed after the initial class has taken place. (4th Year KIN students automatically have priority into KIN program required classes provided the course is needed for graduation. 4th Year KIN students will not automatically get a seat if the course is being used as an elective in their program.) Priority on the wait list section is given to students with the highest year level and earliest Online Registration date onto the wait list. For example a 3rd Year KIN student will have priority over a 2nd Year KIN student; however, among all 3rd Year KIN students the date of registration gives priority.

Note: It is not possible for the Online Registration system or the Undergraduate Advising Office to ascertain students’ position in the wait list section. Students are responsible for checking their registration by accessing the Online Registration system. Transfers from wait lists will be indicated on the Online Registration. Students are also responsible for de-registering from any wait lists and checking to see if they have been placed in the course.

Withdrawing from a Course

Authorization from the course instructor and the Undergraduate Advising Office is required to drop courses after posted withdrawal dates. Requests will not be considered without a rationale.

Prerequisites and Corequisites

Students should carefully check the UBC Calendar on the web, School of Kinesiology course descriptions to determine the prerequisite and corequisite requirements in School of Kinesiology courses.

Students who register in a course without having successfully completed any prerequisite course work, or without having written authorization from a course instructor, may be removed from the course.

Failed Courses

No failed course may be repeated more than once without special permission obtained from the Undergraduate Advising Office. The School of Kinesiology does not offer supplemental examinations.

Changing Program Stream

Students who wish to change their program stream must meet with an Undergraduate Advisor. Please contact the Undergraduate Advising Office or fill out an Advising Request Form to arrange an appointment.

Lower (Junior)/Upper (Senior) Credits

Lower level credits: courses numbered 100 or 200.

Upper level credits: courses numbered 300 or 400.

Note: lower level credits cannot be used to satisfy upper level credit requirements.


For advising purposes, Credit/D/Fail must be discussed in-person. Students must come in to advising for an appointment before selecting this option for a course.

Transfer Credits

BKin students who wish permission to take any courses outside of UBC must receive prior written approval from the Undergraduate Advising Office. Students who complete credit toward their BKin degree at another institution may obtain transfer credit from that institution only if prior written permission has been obtained from the Undergraduate Advising Office.