The Kinesiology Mentorship Program supports undergraduate students become career ready graduates by connecting with UBC Kinesiology alumni to share experiences, develop professional skills and expand their network.
Applications for the 2019 cohort open Sept 3, 2019 (11:59 PM).
To enhance career learning and professional skills by pairing undergraduate students with Kinesiology alumni to exchange ideas, share experiences, explore and define career paths, and expand their professional networks.
- Connect undergraduate students with alumni to explore different career possibilities and experiences
- Enhance the self-awareness of students through engaging in goal setting and reflective practices
- Foster a culture of mentorship between students and alumni that values service and community engagement
- Support students in developing professional and transferable skills
- Provide meaningful opportunities for UBC Kinesiology alumni to remain connected with the School
I went into this program with one goal in mind: to get as much info/knowledge from my mentor about careers in the field of Kinesiology. I ended up coming out of this experience with that knowledge, [and] found a friend in my mentor. For that I am thankful for the opportunity. Mentee, 2016 Cohort
One of my memorable experiences was chatting about career directions and what their [mentor’s] individual job entailed and what entering the workforce looked like as a recent graduate. Mentee, 2016 Cohort
As a result of participating in this program, I feel more connected, and developed a new and lasting relationship with a wonderful individual and connection to UBC.Mentor, 2016 Cohort
I decided to become a mentor because I wanted to give back to a program that gave so much to me. Mentor, 2016 Cohort