The School of Kinesiology’s Outreach Programs are a series of programs dedicated to community and student engagement. The programs are overseen by an Advisory Board comprised of Kinesiology faculty members. Program offerings are run on a daily basis by School of Kinesiology students or alumni, as well as other UBC students, under the supervision of two full-time Program Managers: Dylan Brown for Active Kids and Acting Manager Janelle Iglesias for UBC BodyWorks.
The programs are designed to engage the community, both organizations and individuals, to promote physical activity amongst all ages and abilities in a non-competitive atmosphere. We strive to promote best practices and inspire adults, older adults, teens and children to find joy in movement, to promote health and wellbeing. For more information please visit outreach.kin.educ.ubc.ca.
Stay up-to-date about our programs and learn about evidenced-based information to help you and your family stay healthy and active by signing up for our free newsletter.
BodyWorks aims to deliver unprecedented programs and services for adults across the age-span to live with vitality and a thriving quality of life through the development of fitness and an improvement of health by preventing injury, illness and disease.
- 2$ drop in for UBC Students, Faculty and Staff
- Personal Training
- Fit Over Fifty and Changing Aging classes hosted at Dunbar, Kerrisdale and Sunset Community Centre
- Summer 2017 BodyWorks Brochure
UBC Active Kids provides developmentally appropriate recreational gymnastics, sport, and physical literacy classes to participants of all ages and abilities.
- Gymnastics classes
- Gymnastics Summer Camps
- Gymnastics Drop In times for children, youth, and adults
- Soccer classes, Basketball classes, a variety of Multisport and Physical Literacy based classes
- Birthday Parties
- Private Lessons, Group Rentals and School bookings